Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS

      The stress associated with having a child with Autism during the holidays can be overwhelming and challenging. If you factor in the sensory issues, allergies, potty training, and the hyperactivity...the holidays end up not being that enjoyable and they turn into something you just try to get through.
     Although this year we will still face many challenges....we have many Christmas blessings to be thankful for!!  David is potty trained!!! After 7 years, this is the first Christmas I do not need to bring diapers and wipes. Just this accomplishment in itself makes the holidays brighter!
      This past week at school, David was passing his gifts out to his teachers as he said... HO, HO, HO!! It just brings a smile to my face knowing David has words!  This is the first Christmas in 7 years that David can say, "I love you, Mama"!!!
      This morning, David came in our room and laid next to me and cuddled.  He grabbed my arm to wrap around him. I hugged him so tight and did not want to let go. Tears welled in my eyes, realizing what a precious moment this was. These moments are amazing and I am super grateful that we have so many Christmas Blessing to be thankful for this year!!  Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you got me all teary-eyed again- and i don't tear up too easy-miss you guys-love aunt chris